PLMAT Advisory on Open Application:
More application slots are available for the PLMAT on 22 February 2015. Processing of applications starts Tuesday, 03 February 2015.
22 February 2015
3rd week of April 2015
OPEN APPLICATIONS POLICY for PLMAT, MCAT and CLAT
SECTION 3 of the PLM Charter states: “No student shall be denied admission to this university by reason of age, sex, nationality, religious belief, or political affiliation. However, all students seeking admission must be subject to the regulations for admission prescribed by the Board of Regents.”
As per Board Resolution on admissions, all colleges in the Pamantasan Lungsod ng Maynila are hereby instructed to implement an “Open Applications Policy” whereby all student-applicants will be allowed to take the admissions test for as long as they comply with two basic requirements:
1. (a) High School graduate for PLMAT
(b) Graduate of pre-Med, or its equivalent, for MCAT
(c) Graduate of pre-Law, or its equivalent, for CLAT
2. Proof of Manila residency is required for PLMAT and MCAT if the applicant intends to avail of the scholarship that the City of Manila is offering its residents.
Colleges administering the admissions tests are instructed not to pre-screen applicants as part of their selection process save for the basic requirement stated above.
Please be guided accordingly.
DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTSF-138 or Transcript of Record from recognized schools all over the country
FOR MANILANS: F-138 or Transcript of Record from any Manila school
To Establish Manila Residency:
1. Billing Proof of Parents (Utility bills, including Meralco/Maynilad)
2. Birth Certificate (to establish relations with the parents)
3. Barangay Certification of Residency
Socialized Scholarship Category:
For both parents: Annual Income Tax Return or BIR Certification of Exemption (or No Income)
This shall determine the applicant’s financial capability. Manila residency alone does not ascribe full scholarship. PLM will implement a socialized scholarship to instill the virtue of scholarly pursuit and to encourage financially poor but gifted scholars to study in PLM.
Additional requirements for MCAT:
1. Must have a GWA of 2.50, or its equivalent, or better.
2. Must meet the required NMAT score (45 or better) that was taken within 2 years prior to the deadline of application.
3. Must have no record of conviction of a crime involving moral turpitude.