The College of Medicine accepts applicants for incoming first year medical students who will enter in the first semester of the following school year. Lateral entrees from other medical schools are not entertained. Previous applicants may not apply.
The MCAT applications are opened in November of each year, but applicants may already present their documents to the College staff for evaluation as early as August, so that the applicants are afforded ample time to produce necessary documents that are currently not in their possession.
- He/She must be a holder of Bachelor’s Degree conferred upon by a duly recognized education institution
- He/She must have earned credits in the following areas, and must have satisfied the required minimum numbers of units in the subject specifically enumerated herein:
- Sciences: 35 units
- Chemistry: 10 units
- Inorganic Chemistry: 5 units
- Organic Chemistry/Biochemistry: 5 units
- Natural Sciences: 15 units (5 units should at least be Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy or Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Physics: 5 units
- Microbiology or Elem. Genetics: 5 units
- Mathematics: 6 units
- Algebra: 3 units
- Elementary Statistics/Biostatistics: 3 units
- Language and Communication: 9 units
- Social Sciences: 9 units
- (Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, History, Anthropology)
Humanities: 3 units
- (Art Appreciation, Logic, Philosophy)
How to apply: (NEW! Ref.: College of Medicine)
- Submit original and duplicate copies of the following for initial screening:
- Birth Certificate (NSO copy)
- Official Transcript of Record/Special Order No.
- Letters of certification of Good Moral Character
- Certificate of General Weighted Average from the Registrar/College
- Diploma/Certificate of Graduation
- NMAT Result
- Manila Voter's ID/Voter's Certification issued by the COMELEC (for applicants who are residents of Manila only)
- Student's residence certificate (cedula)
- Baranggay Clearance in the place of residence
- NBI Clearance
- Any other document to prove Manila residency
- Parent's latest Income Tax Return (ITR) and/or Affidavit of Support and ITR of benefactor
- Enrollment form for supplemental subjects required
- Self-addressed stamped envelope
- Long brown envelope and long file folder
- If qualified to take MCAT, get certification from the college and pay MCAT fee at the Cashier's Office.
- Get application form and MCAT permit at the College of Medicine office.
- Take the MCAT exam as scheduled and present yourself for interview. Interview schedule will be given after the MCAT exam.
Note: Application will not be processed unless documents are completed.
The Dean reserves the right to invalidate the result of the MCAT if the applicant has not satisfactorily met the admission criteria and has not complied with all the above requirements, in which case the applicants shall be denied admission to the College of Medicine.