The Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM), created by a National Charter (RA 4196, 1965), was envisioned to be Manila's premiere institution for higher learning. It provides superior standards of instructions, as well as opportunities for outstanding research in technology and other areas for the development of the intellect and to advance human knowledge.
The Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila has adopted the policy of preferential option for the poor and therefore has prioritized education for the underprivileged but talented students of Manila. Committed to the highest intellectual and ethical standards, PLM strives to produce competent graduates with integrity who will be responsible citizens who can contribute effectively to local, national and global initiatives for the progressive and sustainable development of humanity.
Guided by the values of academic excellence, integrity and social responsibility, PLM endeavors to be one of the leading universities in the ASEAN.
Core Institutional Values and Principles
Guided by academic excellence, integrity, and social responsibility PLM is committed to pursue the principles of "Karunungan, Kaunlaran, Kadakilaan."
The PLM Board of Regents, Management, Faculty, and Staff are committed:
- To be recognized by the Philippines and ASEAN academic accrediting agencies as a premier university for its quality education, research, and extension services;
- To ensure that PLM maintains a higher than the national average performance in all professional licensure examinations taken by its graduates; and
- To continue to provide the students with an education that will give them a competitive advantage for employment opportunities.
PLM's Goals and Objectives for the next 5 years
- To secure national and ASEAN accreditation of all its academic courses and programs, and its administrative systems; and ensure compliance with, and enforcement of all other pertinent and relevant laws, rules and regulations of the country;
- To establish and maintain physical facilities that are safe, secure, and conducive to learning, as well as promote everyone's well-being;
- To provide access to the best books, journals, and learning materials through the use of digital technology;
- To implement faculty development programs for the continuous upgrading of faculty competencies and skills;
- To improve administrative systems through the computerization of databases and all university records to upgrade the financial, personnel, and academic records, transactions and processes;
- To efficiently manage the resources of the University through the institution of proper controls in all University processes; and
- To generate resources needed for the continuous modernization of physical facilities, laboratories, library, faculty development, and research initiatives.